And just like that 2017 is over.
I’m so grateful to be able to say that I had an amazing year. So many great things happened to me this year as well as so many life lessons. I started this blog roughly a year ago and the journey has been incredible. Having a creative outlet and forcing myself to write every week (well almost every week) was something I needed but didn’t know I did. I wrote about my travels, my favourite quotes, tips & tricks for midterm season, interesting videos, how it felt to graduate, annoying things about my generation, shared my 22 birthday, and guess what, you can check them all out here. This blog post is dedicated to 2017; I had a lot of lasts but that meant I also had a lot of firsts. Hope you enjoy my goodbye to 2017 and hello to 2018.
- Started this blog!
- Got to speak to my graduating class as the Last Lecture speaker.
- Played my last college volleyball tournament.
- I graduated from undergrad.
- Travelled across Europe with my best friend.
- Booked a spontaneous trip out West to visit a high school friend & my cousin.
- Took some road trips with the parental unit.
- Explored Toronto.
- Met some boss-ass women through Monday Girl.
- Started a Post Grad that I’m absolutely in love with.
- Heard Michelle Obama speak LIVE.
- Reunited with some old friends.
- Made new friends in my Post Grad.
Even though we usually only see the positive moments in people’s lives, the curated pieces chosen to be shared on social media, behind the scenes it isn’t always positive. 2017 brought me so many amazing moments, opportunities and events but it also helped me deal with my anxiety and toxic friendships. I learned about myself and what works for me.
I have four goals/resolutions/hopes for 2018.
- Cut out toxic friendships.
- Prioritize myself first.
- Do social media cleanses every month.
- Do random acts of kindness for friends & strangers.
I’m looking forward to the many firsts 2018 has to offer.
Thank you for being a part of my blogosphere experience. Whether you read one post or all of them, I appreciate it all. Wishing you a happy 2018 ❤
How was your 2017?
Any goals for 2018?